Call for Applications
AGINNOVATION INVESTMENT FORUM
March 7th | 2 – 7 pm | AGT Lounge at Mosaic Stadium
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – Thanks!
Calling all companies in the agri-vale and agri-tech sector to PITCH at our AgInnovation Investment Forum, Thursday March 7th, 2019.
Are you an early-stage, ag-related company and looking to raise capital to take your business to the next level or expand? This is your chance to get in front of the right people!
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated Market opportunity – Solutions that address a major market pain and a strategy to claim a significant share of this market.
- Competitive advantage – Solutions that are better than those of existing competitors and the barrier for new market entrants.
- Validated business model – Strategies to grow and manage the scale necessary to succeed.
- Growth potential – Strategy to expand product(s) into new markets.
- Management team – The team’s ability to deliver products and services and that build confidence among all stakeholders, including employees, customers and investors.
- Build awareness of your product(s) or services
- Connect with supporting organizations to learn more about supports available to ag companies
- Connect with potential investors and/or mentors
- Network with fellow ag-entrepreneurs and ag experts
- Prizes will be announced closer to the event
- Applications open Monday, January 28th – Monday, February 15th
- Companies should apply through our Gust portal and fill out all the required information
- The screening committee will select 5 companies to invite them to pitch at the event on March 7th*
- Companies will do a rehearsal pitch prior to the event and receive feedback on their pitch
- On March 7th, the companies will pitch to a panel of judges
- Judges will select the winner and attendees will vote for the ‘Public Favourite’
- Selected companies will have the chance to pitch at SCN’s investor meeting
- Company should be in the agri-value, agri-tech sector and/or serve these sectors
- Must be incorporated
- Must submit any required documentation to demonstrate market opportunity, business model validation, team expertise, growth strategy and competitive advantage
- Must be in attendance at the event on March 7th
- Must be headquartered in Canada
If you have any questions regarding your application, process or eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED WITH FURTHER DETAILS.